Here is information you would be asked for during registration. Make sure you understand your rights.
Select one of the options below to proceed with Online Case Review (OCR)?
- I need more time to pay my fines and fees.
- I would like to reschedule my hearing date.
- I would like the court to consider reducing my fines, fees and release my DMV hold, if applicable.
- I am pleading not guilty and requesting a Court trial.
- I am pleading not guilty and requesting a Trial by Declaration.
Would you like to be considered for traffic school if you are eligible?
To continue, you must complete and upload your statement. Use this link to download the form.
Upload the completed form:
Is there anything additional that you would like the court to know about your case?
RIGHTS OF A DEFENDANT – INFRACTION
- RIGHT TO AN ATTORNEY: You have the right to retain an attorney at your own expense to represent you at all stages of your case.
- CONTINUANCE AND DELAY: You have the right to a continuance and a delay to obtain an attorney or prepare for your defense.
- PLEAS AVAILABLE: You have the right to enter the following pleas to the charges pending against you:
- Not Guilty
- Nolo Contendere (No Contest) – A nolo contendere plea has the same effect as a guilty plea and will be accepted by the court as a guilty plea for sentencing purposes, but it cannot be used against you in a civil suit to prove that you were responsible for an accident.
- TRIAL BY COURT: If you plead not guilty, you have the right to a trial by the court.
- CONFRONT WITNESSES: At any trial, you have the right to confront, see, hear, and question all witnesses testifying against you.
- SUBPOENA WITNESSES: At any trial, you have the right without cost to have this court issue subpoenas to require all favorable witnesses to appear and testify.
- NO SELF-INCRIMINATION: At any trial, you have the right to remain silent and to refrain from incriminating yourself. Such silence cannot be held against you
- SPEEDY TRIAL: You have the right to have your trial within 45 days of your first appearance in court, and, if good cause is not shown, the charge must be dismissed if a trial is not afforded you within the time specified.
- RIGHT TO KNOW PENALTY: You have the right to know the maximum penalty for each charge filed against you:
- Fine: With the exceptions noted below general infractions have a maximum as follows:
- A first offense within 12 months carries $100.00 fine;
- A second offense within 12 months carries a $200.00 fine;
- A third offense within 12 months carries $250.00 fine;
- Exceptions to maximum fine are speeding in excess of 100 mph and failing to maintain truck log where maximum fine can be up to $500.00;
- License suspension for up to 12 months;
- Mandatory attendance of approved Driver Improvement School.
CONTINUANCE OR DELAY FOR SENTENCING: If you plead guilty, nolo contendere, or are found guilty you have the right to be sentenced not less than 6 hours nor more than 5 days after you plead or are found guilty. (You will be given one court day continuance unless you give up this right.)
By typing my full name, I represent and acknowledge to the Court that I have read and fully understand the foregoing statement.
I understand that by submitting this request for Online Case Review (OCR) that I am responsible for paying a fee $5.25.
To receive SMS/Text notifications, you must enter a cell phone number and check the box that says Mobile Phone.