- Monday – Friday, 8:00AM to 3:30PM
- Each Wednesday: Closed at 12:00PM
For further information regarding the Family Law Facilitator/ Pro Per Clinic you can call (209) 992-5283. For general information regarding the Family Law Court you can call (209) 992-5690 to speak to a family law clerk. If you need an interpreter, please bring one with you. If you need an ASL interpreter, please click here.
Do not bring children to the Pro Per Clinic or to the workshops.
When You Arrive at the Clinic…
People are seen on a first come, first served basis. The workshop sign-up sheet is posted at 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday at the Pro Per Clinic window. We recommend that you sign up for the workshops between 8:00AM and 8:30AM due to the limited space. The building opens at 7:30AM The sign-in sheet is pulled out at 8:50 a.m. each morning in order to timely process all those signed up in the workshop.
All cases not requiring a workshop will be assisted at the Pro Per Clinic. You must bring your most current order and all other paperwork associated with your case. If you need a domestic violence restraining order contact Victim Witness at (209) 468-2500 or the Women’s Center at (209) 941-2611.
All persons who are In Pro Per and acting as their own attorney are encouraged to have their forms reviewed by the Family Law Facilitator before filing or presenting the papers to the Court.
Services the Clinic Provides
The Family Law Facilitator/ Pro Per Clinic provides general information and referrals. They will review your paperwork, if you have attended a workshop or were given a sample, and give you information regarding:
- Initial orders or modifications for child custody, visitation, child, or spousal support
- Review of domestic violence, elder abuse and civil harassment restraining orders
- Initiating an action to establish paternity
- Dissolution, legal separation, nullity of marriage
- Responses and responsive declarations
- Income and expense declarations
- Step-parent adoptions
- Change of venue
- Motions to quash and set aside
- Writs and enforcement of orders
- Wage garnishment and income withholding orders
- Grandparent visitation
- Proofs of service
- Preparation of judgments and orders
- Guardianships – Click here to download the Guardianship Orientation Flyer / Spanish
- Conservatorships – Click here to download the Conservatorship Workshop Flyer / Spanish
- Other Services – Click here to download the Debt Collection Workshop Flyer / Spanish
Services the Clinic Does Not Provide
The Family Law Facilitator/ Pro Per Clinic cannot assist individuals with:
- Complex cases
- Contempt actions
- Subpoenas, or
- Retirement issues (Please visit the California Courts website.)
Although the Facilitator and other staff are attorneys, they do not represent you and can only give you general information about the law and your case. There is no attorney-client relationship between you and the clinic staff. Please see a private attorney for a consultation before you begin your legal proceedings to learn about your legal rights.
The Family Law Facilitator/ Pro Per Clinic provides limited email and written correspondence assistance to those who reside outside the County of San Joaquin and neighboring areas. Assistance is available by emailing Elmer Watanabe, Leanne Andersen, Andrea Cordova or Jessica Mendoza. For email assistance in Spanish email Gladys Serrato or Adriana Valencia.
For those who reside inside the County of San Joaquin limited telephone and limited email service will be provided by calling (209) 992-5283 or (209) 239-6595 or by emailing using provided information above. For legal advice, please consult an attorney.