Form Packets – Conservatorship
FORMS NEEDED TO FILE FOR APPOINTMENT OF CONSERVATOR
|FORM NUMBER||FORM NAME||DOWNLOAD IT FROM|
|GC-310||Petition for Appointment of Probate Conservator||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc310.pdf|
|GC-020||Notice of Hearing-Guardianship or Conservatorship||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc020.pdf|
|GC-020(MA)||Attachment to Notice of Hearing Proof of Service by Mail||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc020ma.pdf|
|GC-079||Pre-Move Notice of Proposed Change of Personal Residence||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc079.pdf|
|GC-312||Confidential Supplemental Information (Probate Conservatorship)||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc312.pdf|
|GC-320||Citation for Conservatorship and Proof of Service||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc320.pdf|
|GC-348||Duties of Conservator and Acknowledgment of Receipt of Handbook||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc348.pdf|
|GC-314||Confidential Conservator Screening Form (Probate Conservatorship)||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc314.pdf|
|GC-340||Order Appointing Probate Conservator||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc340.pdf|
|GC-350||Letters of Conservatorship||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc350.pdf|
|GC-335A||Dementia Attachment to Capacity Declaration – Conservatorship||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/gc335a.pdf|
|MC-025||ATTACHMENT to Judicial Council Form||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/mc025.pdf|
Submitting Your Forms for Filing
- Make sure to provide all of the required forms for your scenario
- All information must be completed
- If not typed, forms must be legibly handwritten in blue or black ink
- Forms must be dated and signed by the Petitioner(s) and/or the attorney of record
- Submit the documents by eFiling. When eFiled documents are accepted, downloadable stamped documents are available for 30 days (rolling month) after the processed-date of the case submission, under the “Filing History” in the eFiling Portal. Thereafter, options are the Superior Court of CA – County of San Joaquin Public Portal. or contact Records Mgmt.
OR submit the original plus a set of copies for yourself. Failure to provide copies may result in additional fees. Always remember to include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with adequate postage in order to have your copies returned to you. Failure to include a SASE will result in in your copies being placed in the pick-up cabinet located at the Security Desk in Stockton Documents not picked up within 30 days will be destroyed.
- Provide the correct filing fee for your petition to be processed. View current filing fees at www.sjcourts.org/forms-filing/court-fee-schedule/.
If you cannot afford to pay the court fees and costs, you may ask the Court to waive all or part of your fees by completing a Fee Waiver Application, form FW-001. (See Guardianship and Conservatorship Fee Waiver Form Packet .)
All court proceedings are in English. If you require the assistance of an interpreter, you can ask the Court to provide an interpreter by competing and filing Judicial Council form INT-300 – Request for Interpreter (Civil).
- California Court’s website at www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-conservatorship.htm
- San Joaquin County Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Service at www.sjcbar.org/public/lrs
- San Joaquin County Law Library’s website at sjclawlibraryblog.wordpress.com/
- San Joaquin County Superior Court Self Help Center at www.sjcourts.org/self-help/self-help-pro-per-clinic/