Form Packets – Declaration of Disclosure
FORMS NEEDED TO FILE A DECLARATION OF DISCLOSURE
|FORM NUMBER||FORM NAME||DOWNLOAD IT FROM:|
|FL-140||Declaration of Disclosure||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl140.pdf|
|FL-142||Schedule of Assets and Debts||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl142.pdf|
|FL-150||Income and Expense Declaration||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl150.pdf|
|FL-160||Property Declaration (Community and Quasi-Community Property)||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl160.pdf|
|FL-160||Property Declaration (Separate Property)||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl160.pdf|
|FL-141||Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure and Income and Expense Declaration||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl141.pdf|
There is NO filing fee to file these forms.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR A DECLARATION OF DISCLOSURE
Please thoroughly read all of the information for the instructions for filing a Declaration of Disclosure.
Note: The employees of the Superior Court are prohibited by law from giving legal advice (Government Code §24004 and §68082).
Submitting Your Forms for Filing
- You may not use all of the forms above depending upon your scenario. Make sure to provide all of the required forms for your scenario.
- All information must be completed and all forms must be dated and signed.
- Documents must be typed or neatly hand printed, using blue or black ink only.
- Lined paper or colored paper is not acceptable for filing.
- Submit the original plus a set of copies for yourself. Failure to provide copies may result in additional fees. Always remember to include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with adequate postage in order to have your copies returned to you. Failure to include a SASE will result in in your copies being placed in the pick-up cabinet located on the floor of the Clerk’s Office you filed your documents with. Documents not picked up within 30 days may be destroyed.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with adequate postage in order to have your copies returned to you. Failure to include a SASE will result in your copies being placed in the pick-up cabinet located on the fourth (4th) floor of the courthouse. Documents not picked up within 30 days may be destroyed.
All court proceedings are in English. If you require the assistance of an interpreter, you may ask the Court to provide an interpreter by completing and filing Judicial Council form INT-300 – Request for Interpreter at www.courts.ca.gov/documents/int300.pdf.
In the event you are required to serve documents through publication, there is a separate fee for publishing the document in a newspaper. You will need to contact the newspaper for their fee. Click here to download a list of approved newspapers.
- If you need assistance with your paperwork you may go to the Self-Help Center located at 180 East Weber Avenue, Suite #105, Stockton, CA 95202. Online assistance is available at www.sjcourts.org/self-help/self-help-pro-per-clinic/ (response time is three to five days).
- The Lawyer Referral Service may be able to assist you in finding an attorney to help you with any legal questions pertaining to the completion and presentation of the appropriate forms for filing. Their phone number is (209) 948-4620.
- Additional information regarding property and debt in a divorce action is located on the California Court’s website at: www.courts.ca.gov/1039.htm.