File Elder Restraining Order
Please note that the websites you visit may be viewed by someone else later. Always clear your browsing history after searching the web. Consider using a public or friend’s computer if you are concerned about someone viewing your browsing history.
Forms Needed to File
|Name of form
|Can a Restraining Order to Prevent Elder or Dependent
Adult Abuse Help Me?
|Request for Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse
|Confidential CLETS Information
|Notice of Hearing
|SUP CRT 260
|Declaration Re: Notice of Ex-Parte Application
|Temporary Restraining Order (CLETS-TEA or TEF)
|Proof of Personal Service (CLETS)
|What is “Proof of Personal Service”?
No filing fees unless the Temporary Order is denied, then a fee of $435.00 if no fee waiver is on file.
Instructions for Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse Restraining Orders
1) Documents can be typed or neatly hand printed, using blue or black in only.
2) Lined paper or colored paper is not acceptable for filing.
3) The proper court to file is where the harassment took place or where the person to be restrained lives.
4) If the request for a restraining order is filed by 10:00AM, the order will be ready for pick up between 3:30 to 4:30PM, at the 1st-floor lobby windows, the same day it was filed. If the forms are filed after 10:00 AM, they will be ready for pick up the following day between 3:30 to 4:30PM, at the 1st-floor lobby windows.
5) The Clerk’s Office is open daily from 8:00AM to 5:00PM (Only the lobby windows on the 1st-floor are open from 8:00 to 10:00AM and 3:30 to 4:30 PM until further notice).
6) Documents are submitted to the Family Law Department located at 180 East Weber Avenue, 4th Floor, Stockton, CA 95202. (Only the lobby windows on the first floor are open from 8:00 to 10:00AM and 3:30 to 4:30PM until further notice).”
7) The Sheriff’s Office may be used for serving your restraining order to the other party. Their hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. They are located at 7000 North Michael Canlis Boulevard, French Camp, CA 95231 and the phone number is (209) 468-4475. Please call ahead for directions or further information.
Note: The Self-Help Center is available to review the forms once they have been completed. (Only online or telephone assistance is available). Information about the Self-Help Center and hours of operation can be located at Self-Help. Additional Information about Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, in various languages, can be located at California Courts.
Check the public website for assistance and programs provided and for current clinic hours.