Form Packets – Summary Dissolution
FORMS NEEDED TO FILE FOR SUMMARY DISSOLUTION
|FORM NUMBER||FORM NAME||DOWNLOAD IT FROM:|
|FL-810||Summary Dissolution Information||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl810.pdf|
|FL-800||Joint Petition for Summary Dissolution||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl800.pdf|
|FL-820||Request for Judgment, Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage, and Notice of Entry of Judgment||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl820.pdf|
|FL-825||Judgment of Dissolution and Notice of Entry of Judgment||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl825.pdf|
|FL-830||Notice of Revocation of Joint Petition for Summary Dissolution||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl830.pdf|
FORMS YOU MUST FILL OUT AND EXCHANGE WITH EACH OTHER BUT DO NOT FILE WITH THE COURT
|FORM NUMBER||FORM NAME||DOWNLOAD IT FROM:|
|FL-150||Income and Expense Declaration||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl150.pdf|
|FL-160||Property Declaration [NOTE: Use one form for Community Property and Quasi-Community Property and one form for Separate Property.]||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl160.pdf|
|FL-142||Schedule of Assets and Debts||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl142.pdf|
|FL-140||Declaration of Disclosure||www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl140.pdf|
See the Court Fee Schedule located at www.sjcourts.org/forms-filing/court-fee-schedule/ or contact the Clerk’s Office at (209) 992-5690 for the amount of the filing fee.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUMMARY DISSOLUTION
Please thoroughly read all of the information for the instructions for filing for Summary Dissolution of Marriage.
Note: The employees of the Superior Court are prohibited by law from giving legal advice (Government Code §24004 and §68082).
Submitting Your Forms for Filing
- You may not use all of the forms above depending upon your scenario. Make sure to provide all of the required forms for your scenario.
- All information must be completed and all forms must be dated and signed.
- Documents must be typed or neatly hand printed, using blue or black ink only.
- Lined paper or colored paper is not acceptable for filing.
- Submit the original plus a set of copies for yourself. Failure to provide copies may result in additional fees. Always remember to include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with adequate postage in order to have your copies returned to you. Failure to include a SASE will result in in your copies being placed in the pick-up cabinet located on the floor of the Clerk’s Office you filed your documents with. Documents not picked up within 30 days may be destroyed.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with adequate postage in order to have your copies returned to you. Failure to include a SASE will result in your copies being placed in the pick-up cabinet located on the fourth (4th) floor of the courthouse. Documents not picked up within 30 days may be destroyed.
- Provide the correct filing fee for your documents to be processed. (If you cannot afford to pay the court fees and costs, you may ask the Court to waive all or part of your fees by completing a Fee Waiver Application, from FW-001. See Fee Waiver Packet Information located on the Court’s website at: www.sjcourts.org/form-packets/form-packets-fee-waiver/.) For a list of current fees go to www.sjcourts.org/forms-filing/court-fee-schedule/.
All court proceedings are in English. If you require the assistance of an interpreter, you may ask the Court to provide an interpreter by completing and filing Judicial Council form INT-300 – Request for Interpreter at www.courts.ca.gov/documents/int300.pdf.
In the event you are required to serve documents through publication, there is a separate fee for publishing the document in a newspaper. You will need to contact the newspaper for their fee. Click here to download a list of approved newspapers.
- If you need assistance with your paperwork you may go to the Self-Help Center located at 180 East Weber Avenue, Suite #105, Stockton, CA 95202. Online assistance is available at www.sjcourts.org/self-help/self-help-pro-per-clinic/ (response time is three to five days).
- The Lawyer Referral Service may be able to assist you in finding an attorney to help you with any legal questions pertaining to the completion and presentation of the appropriate forms for filing. Their phone number is (209) 948-4620.
- Additional information regarding the summary dissolution process is located on the California Court’s website at: www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-summarydissolution.htm.