NOVEMBER 19, 2022, 9 a.m.
Stockton Courthouse – Jury Assembly Room
180 E. Weber Ave., Stockton, CA
Stockton, CA — On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 9 a.m., the Superior Court of California, County of San Joaquin, will host National Adoption Day with San Joaquin County Human Services Agency, Wayfinder Family Services Lilliput, Triad Family Services, Sierra Vista Child & Family Services, and Project Linus. This year’s event will celebrate and finalize adoptions for 27 families and 36 children.
This event will be presided over by Judges Barbara A. Kronlund, Anthony P. Lucaccini, Michael D. Coughlan and Erin Guy-Castillo and will begin with a brief welcome and introduction. Also, a couple adoptive families will share their own personal story.
Upon reflection of this eventful day, Judge Erin Guy-Castillo said, “The Court is honored to again host this special event filled with love, warmth, and gratitude. Our County is better because of the people who step up and help children in their time of need.”
Volunteers from the court and agencies participate in this special day by working together to celebrate the joys of adoption and encourage more families and individuals to give children permanent families through adoption.
National Adoption Day has been celebrated across the nation on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and to raise awareness of the more than 113,000 children and youth in foster care waiting to find a permanent and loving family. Over the past 23 years, the nationwide collective effort of judges, lawyers, court staff, foster professionals, child advocates, sheriff personnel, and many others has made the dreams of over 75,000 children and youth come true by working on this one special day to finalize adoptions for children and youth in foster care.
For your convenience, here is information regarding the event:
– Begins at 9:00 a.m., Jury Assembly Room 12th floor
– Court opens to families at 8:15 a.m.
– Welcome/Introduction: Judges Barbara A. Kronlund, Anthony P. Lucaccini, Michael D. Coughlan and Erin Guy-Castillo
– Stockton Courthouse – 180 E. Weber Ave., Stockton, CA
– Members of the public and press are invited to attend court in person. Press interested in recording court proceedings via TV camera and recorder, still camera, and/or audio must complete required paperwork. Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.