On Saturday, November 21, 2020, at 9:00AM, the Superior Court of California, County of San Joaquin, will host National Adoption Day with San Joaquin County Human Services Agency, Lilliput Children Services, Aspiranet, Parents by Choice, and Family Connections Christian Adoptions. This year’s event will celebrate and finalize adoptions for 8 families and 14 foster care children.
This event will be presided over by Judges Barbara A. Kronlund and Michael D. Coughlan and will begin with a brief welcome and introduction. Judge Kronlund stated “This is truly a win-win opportunity. New families are created before noon; deserving children are given forever homes knowing they are truly wanted and truly loved. These children can start to live the lives they deserve and so desperately want – as the beautiful children they are, with family they can depend on and with whom they can create loving memories.”
Volunteers from the court and agencies participate in this special day by working together to celebrate the joys of adoption and encourage more families and individuals to give children permanent families through adoption.
National Adoption Day has been celebrated across the nation on the Saturday before Thanksgiving and to raise awareness of the more than 120,000 children and youth in foster care waiting to find a permanent and loving family. Over the past 21 years, the nationwide collective effort of judges, lawyers, court staff, foster professionals, child advocates, sheriff personnel, and many others has made the dreams of over 7,500 children and youth come true by working on this one special day to finalize adoptions for children and youth in foster care.
For your convenience, here is information regarding the event:
- Begins at 9:00AM, Dept. 3D
- Court opens to families at 8:15AM
- Welcome/Introduction: Judges Barbara A. Kronlund and Michael D. Coughlan
- Stockton Courthouse – 180 E. Weber Ave., Stockton, CA 95202
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, only invited guests and members of the press are invited to attend court in person. The adoption finalization proceedings will be live-streamed on the Superior Court’s YouTube Channel so that the public can watch this uplifting event.